Profile

I am an educator and researcher at University of the Arts London bringing strategic experiential dimensions to design education and practice, prioritising the creation of meaningful and sustaining environments for place making and wellbeing. My work explores sensory ecologies between people, the sensing body, and environments, to contribute to a broad range of creative fields at the intersection of spatial design, storytelling, and user experience. I’m completing PhD, a sensory study on the personalisation of experience and its contribution to emotional attachment to place.

I am a Senior Fellow of the UK Higher Education Academy with leadership experience in the development and management of design programmes, shaping creative disciplines into future facing innovative curricula. I also develop experiential learning activities for design with universities and organisations in the UK and internationally.

This blog is a repository of projects, collaborations, contributions to conferences, seminars, and publications centred on the primacy of sensing in environmental experience.

Courses

Publications

LinkedIn